1.1.What is Wireless Internet?
Fixed Wireless Internet is a method of delivering high speed data utilizing a microwave (wireless) connection between two fixed points. “Wireless” simply means that your computer connects to our network via radio transmissions without a phone line or cable connection. The signal is transmitted from a tower that is close to your neighborhood.
1.2.What are the packages and prices?
|Experience 20||$35*||20 gigabytes of data|
|Experience 50||$50*||50 gigabytes of data|
|Experience 75||$65*||75 gigabytes of data|
|Experience 100||$80*||100 gigabytes of data|
*Additional $5 router lease fee not included.
1.3.If a professional installation is required, how big is the device that goes on my roof?
- BEC Outdoor Router
- Dimensions (W*H*D): 8.5″ x 7.5″ x 3″(257mm x 227mm x 91mm)
- Weight: 2.75kgs (6.06lbs)
1.4.Where is ETC Wireless Internet available?
ETC Wireless Internet is an excellent choice for those wanting high speed internet who live outside ETC’s traditional service territory. ETC Wireless Internet covers seven counties in Southeastern Indiana: Decatur, Jefferson, Jennings, Ohio, Ripley, Scott and Switzerland. See Coverage Map or contact ETC for service availability.
1.5.Will tree coverage at my home effect whether I will get service?
Tree coverage can hinder the ability to receive wireless signal; however, we utilize non-line of sight equipment, which allows the best chance of delivering service where obstructions are present. Your distance and orientation from our towers play a role in determining signal at your location. Our technicians will test the wireless signal at your location prior to completing your install.
1.6.What if I am unhappy with my new ETC Wireless Internet?
ETC offers a 14-day money back Return Policy on our wireless service.
2.1.Is there a contract?
With ETC Wireless Internet, there are no contracts. Please note: Upon termination of ETC Wireless Internet, you will be held responsible for the return of ETC equipment. Failure to return ETC loaned equipment within the billing period will result in an equipment fee ($250).
2.2.How do I know what package is ideal for me?
In gerneral the following guideleines are suggested:
- Experience 20— Designed for the occasional user, this package is for someone who checks emails regularly and does periodic internet searches.
- Experience 50—Ideal for a more consistent, regular use of email communication and internet
- Experience 75—Designed for moderate to heavier users who do additional internet browsing in addition to searches for school or work.
- Experience 100—For frequent, heavy users.
2.3.Regardless of the data plan I choose, will I receive the same fast speed?
Speeds will be at the same best effort for all packages at 1-4M downstream.
2.4.How is my data usage measured?
Starting on the 21st day of the month, all uploaded and downloaded data you use is measured and counts toward your data allowance through and including the 20th of the month. This includes all data sent and received over your ETC Wireless Internet connection (i.e. laptop, desktop, tablet or WiFi enabled phone).
2.5.How am I notified that my data usage is getting high?
You will receive a courtesy notification email when your usage reaches a certain amount (approximately 80% for most plans) of your data allowance in a monthly measurement period. We will send a second email alerting you when you’ve reached 100% of your data allowance. You can also always check your data usage on the ETCZone customer portal by going to www.etczone.com and clicking the Online Bill Pay icon at the top.
2.6.How do I keep track of how much data I'm using?
We encourage you to monitor your usage. You can review your current usage via the following steps:
- Go to the customer portal at www.etczone.com.
- Log in with your username and password.
- You’ll see your usage prominently displayed under the “Current Usage” tab on the home page.
- To view previous month’s usage, please click on the “Downloads” tab at the top and select the month you would like to view in the drop down box. You can then look at the PDF of your invoice, or download your usage in a CSV format.
2.7.How is my service affected when I reach my data allowance for a particular month?
Once data allowance is reached, internet access will be adjusted to a ‘fair share’ model and you will experience reduced speeds of 256K until the start of your new monthly billing period (the 21st of the month).