ETC Announces 2019 Scholarship Recipients
Published June 12, 2019
Enhanced Telecommunications Corporation (ETC) is pleased to announce its 2019 scholarship recipients.
Each year ETC awards $13,000 in scholarship money to graduating high school seniors (including home-schooled) from each of the following counties in ETC’s fiber and/or wireless markets: Dearborn, Decatur, Franklin, Jefferson, Jennings, Ohio, Ripley, Scott, Switzerland, and Union. All students are given equal consideration, with no guarantees for a winner from any given school.
This year nearly 200 applications were received. Six prizes were awarded, including one for $5,000; two at $2,500 each; and three for $1,000 apiece.
This year’s winners included:
- Hannah Weiler, East Central High School
- Lydia Comer, South Ripley Jr./Sr. High School
- Bryce McCullough, Greensburg Community High School
- Megan Berger, Milan High School
- Anna McCreary, Batesville High School
- Kristen Snodgrass, Shawe Memorial Jr./Sr. High School
“We received many qualified applicants again this year,” commented ETC Marketing Manager Anita Fledderman. “It’s always difficult to select a winner from such a competitive field. We congratulate all of our winners and wish all graduates the best of luck.”