Each year ETC awards $13,000 in scholarship money to graduating high school seniors (including home-schooled) from the counties in ETC’s fiber and/or wireless markets: Dearborn, Decatur, Franklin, Jefferson, Jennings, Ohio, Ripley, Scott, Switzerland, and Union.
The application deadline has now passed for the 2020 ETC Scholarship and national FRS (Foundation for Rural Service) Scholarship.
- Enhanced Telecommunications will be awarding a total of six scholarships: One at $5,000, two at $2,500 and three at $1,000 each.
- Awards are available to graduating seniors from each of the following counties in ETC’s fiber and/or wireless markets: Dearborn, Decatur, Franklin, Jefferson, Jennings, Ohio, Ripley, Scott, Switzerland, and Union.
- All students (including home-schooled) are given equal opportunity to apply, with no guarantees of a winner from any given school.
- The award will be presented at the Senior Awards Program. At this time, the winner will be given a gift certificate in the specified award amount. Upon presentation of the student’s college schedule or tuition bill during summer or early fall, a check for the award amount will be processed and mailed to the college directly.
- Incomplete applications will be disregarded.
Applications must be received by Friday, April 10, 2020. Please send application by email to email@example.com or mail to your local office rather than dropping them off in person, due to our current restrictions to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Each year, ETC also sponsors local high school seniors for the Foundation for Rural Service Scholarship, awarded to rural America’s students that have been accepted by an accredited two- or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school and have an interest in returning to a rural community following graduation.
- Scholarships range from $1,500 to $5,000.
- Awarded to many students across America annually, based on geographical region and the student’s essay.
- The application is due to FRS by March 6, 2020.
- Students applying will need to set up an NTCA account and choose Enhanced Telecommunications Corporation from the drop-down menu as their “employer.” Details and application at the link below.
- FRS scholarship application
Applications for both the ETC and FRS Scholarships are also available at your local high school guidance office or any ETC office.