Each year ETC awards $13,000 in scholarship money to graduating high school seniors (including home-schooled) from the counties in ETC’s fiber and/or wireless markets: Dearborn, Decatur, Franklin, Jefferson, Jennings, Ohio, Ripley, Scott, Switzerland, and Union.
Applications are now available for the 2020 ETC Scholarship and national FRS (Foundation for Rural Service) Scholarship.
- Enhanced Telecommunications will be awarding a total of six scholarships: One at $5,000, two at $2,500 and three at $1,000 each.
- Awards are available to graduating seniors from each of the following counties in ETC’s fiber and/or wireless markets: Dearborn, Decatur, Franklin, Jefferson, Jennings, Ohio, Ripley, Scott, Switzerland, and Union.
- All students (including home-schooled) are given equal opportunity to apply, with no guarantees of a winner from any given school.
- The award will be presented at the Senior Awards Program. At this time, the winner will be given a gift certificate in the specified award amount. Upon presentation of the student’s college schedule or tuition bill during summer or early fall, a check for the award amount will be processed and mailed to the college directly.
- Incomplete applications will be disregarded.
- 2020 ETC Scholarship Application
Applications must be received by Friday, March 27, 2020. Applications may be mailed to any local Enhanced Telecommunications Corporation office or dropped off in person at any of our locations listed at the bottom of this page. Please address to the attention of Anita Fledderman.
- Each year, ETC also sponsors local high school seniors for the Foundation for Rural Service Scholarship, awarded to rural America’s students that have been accepted by an accredited two- or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school and have an interest in returning to a rural community following graduation.
- Scholarships range from $1,500 to $5,000.
- Awarded to many students across America annually, based on geographical region and the student’s essay.
- The application is due to FRS by March 6, 2020.
- Students applying will need to set up an NTCA account and choose Enhanced Telecommunications Corporation from the drop-down menu as their “employer.” Details and application at the link below.
- FRS scholarship application
Applications for both the ETC and FRS Scholarships are also available at your local high school guidance office or any ETC office.