Great Plains Communications (GPC), formerly ETC, will be awarding $13,000 in scholarship money to graduating high school seniors in southeastern Indiana who are a customer of GPC and plan to attend a state or private college, or a one or two year trade or technical school in Nebraska or Indiana, or the University of Cincinnati or Xavier University in Ohio, or Mount St. Joseph University or Thomas More University in Kentucky.
- The GPC Application may be downloaded at: https://etczone.com/wp-content/uploads/GPC-2021-Customer-Scholarship-Application-Indiana.pdf
- Great Plains Communications will be awarding a total of six customer scholarships: One at $5,000, two at $2,500, and three at $1,000 each.
- Awards are available to graduating seniors from each of the following counties in GPC’s fiber and/or wireless markets: Dearborn, Decatur, Franklin, Jefferson, Jennings, Ohio, Ripley, Scott, Switzerland, and Union.
- Awards are available to graduating seniors who are customers of GPC and plan to attend a college or trade/technical school as noted above.
- All students (including home-schooled) are given equal opportunity to apply, with no guarantees of a winner from any given school.
- Students must have a strong desire to return to their hometown (or other Great Plains Communications community) to pursue their career.
- Winners will be contacted in May. Scholarship checks are made payable to the college, or trade/technical school the student will be attending upon receipt of the student’s class schedule or tuition bill.
- The scholarship application must be completed in full and sent to Anita Fledderman along with the student’s most recent grade transcript. Two letters of recommendation are also required and should be submitted to Anita Fledderman by the person writing the letter of recommendation.
- Incomplete applications will be disregarded.
Applications must be postmarked by March 1, 2021. Please send application by email to Anita Fledderman at email@example.com. (Applications may also be mailed to Anita Fledderman at PO Box 145, Sunman, Indiana 47041. Please do not drop applications off in person, due to the current COVID-19 situation and with GPC offices being closed.)
- The FRS Scholarship Application may be downloaded at: https://www.ntca.org/sites/default/files/documents/2020-09/frs_2021scholarshipapp%20Flyer_0.pdf
- Each year, GPC also sponsors local high school seniors for the Foundation for Rural Service Scholarship, awarded to rural America’s students that have been accepted by an accredited two or four year college, university, or vocational-technical school and have an interest in returning to a rural community following graduation.
- Scholarships range from $1,500 to $5,000.
- Scholarships are awarded to many students across America annually, based on geographical region and the student’s essay.
- The application is due by March 5, 2021. Applying students should complete the FRS application online at the link provided above. Students will need to create an account, username, and password. Enhanced Telecommunications Corporation should be noted as your “sponsor” (or “employer”). Make sure you have included all required items otherwise your application could be marked as incomplete and will not be eligible.
For inquiries please contact Anita Fledderman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-623-0218.